Re:"Guaranteed" Fills with Limit Orders at the CBOT?

> Date:
>               Thu, 7 May 1998 19:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
>         From:
>               Richard Josslin <oldfogey@xxxxxxxxxx>
> 4.  So what I'm hearing is that there is no rigid rule, that the rules are
> flexible.
>
>         Payton: That's right.  There's no rule that guarantees you a fill
> under all circumstances, even during a "non-fast" market.
>
> Old presumptions die hard.  Ouch!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Richard Josslin

I think that is the case at all exchanges, including the CME. It's just
that at the CME market forces have demanded that the executing floor
broker make the trades good for you, or they lose the business. You will
note, that at times of extreme volatility in the S&P, like last fall,
they announced to the world that everything was "not held".

KJL