From: cash@xxxxxxxxxxx <cash@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 5, 1998 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: omega world

Just coming back from the conference, I'd say it was a worthwhile
trip.

To give Omega credit, they put together a very professional
conference.  The seminars were well prepared and the speakers seemed
to have everything they needed.  Everything was well organized and
there were very few glitches.  This is unusual for the first time a
group holds a conference od this size.

Disney did a great job on their part.  They served the best
conference food I've ever had and the service was quick and
professional wherever they were involved.

The only major problem was with having enough literature for seminar
participants, but this was resolved.

As far as the content, I picked up a number of ideas from speakers,
exhibitors, and other attendees which I plan to try and/or implement
in my trading.

As for Tradestation 5.0, I have few positive words for enhancements
that suit my needs.  I did like their intraday activity bars and the
fact that there is no tick limit. Also, other vendors are starting to
be supported and internet data is available.  The actual program was
demonstrated live.

However when asking the following questions, I got the same general
response:
"Will it support Level 2?"
"Will I be able to run chart scanner intraday without losing data?"
"Will I be able to make cutom data lists on server data?"

The response to these (and others):
"Well, it's still in Beta and even though these features aren't
in there now, they are being considered"

To tell you the truth, this scares the heck out of me.  Coming from a
systems development background, I know that beta is where the final
testing and shakedown is done NOT where more features are to be
added!  They're looking at a summer release (remember, in software
speak, summer lasts until Labor Day).  I'd anticipate a "safe"
purchase date of spring 98.

I would recommend attending the conference.

Cash

> Would somebody attending omega-world please provide an estimate of the
> number of non-exibitors/presenters attending? Omega is indicating over
> 600 on their website.
>
> Any impressions of TS 5 and OptionStation 5. Were the actual prgrams
> demonstrated live or were there only screen shots?
>
> Thanks
> Ted

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."