Re: Share Cost of LIFFE FTSE Historical Tick Data

Michel wrote:

> For data,I think realtime data is not public but after 20 minutes it's
> public. ( yes / no ) .

You are right if you obtain this data from a source which is not selling it
to you (say from the Omega web site). Or the source of the data may be
selling it to you but has no restrictions on what you do with it.

Recently, I purchased some data from "Tick Data, Inc." and their license
agreement says the following:
                             ************************************
LICENSE RIGHTS AND RESTRICTION. A division of FCC, ("Tick Data"), grants to
you the non-exclusive, non-assignable right to use the enclosed Tick Data
Tick software in object code form and/or Tick data format (the "Tick Code")
on a maximum of one 1 computer system solely for your internal use and
evaluation. The Tick Code shall not be copied or used for any other
purpose. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Tick
Code, except to the extent that the foregoing restriction is expressly
prohibited by applicable law. You may not rent or or lease the Tick Code,
or otherwise transfer the Tick Code and accompanying written materials. You
may not disclose the results of any benchmark testing of the Tick Code to
any third party without Tick Data's prior written permission.
When you buy this data it only comes in their proprietary format so the
above statements will always apply.

Carlos Lourenco