Current chart range?

Since the list members were so helpful on my last question...

Is there any way to detect the current limits of the current chart?
E.g. the chart currently displays from 1082.4 to 1102.5, from 2:10 4/27
to 9:00 4/28.  Then if you zoomed in on a different area, you would
detect the limits of that chart.

Reason I want this:  I want to plot some indicators that may be far
away from the current price.  If the indicator price is already on
the screen, I'd like to plot it, but if it's *not* on the screen,
I don't want to plot it and force a re-scaling of the screen.
(As far as I know, anything I plot in an indicator will be displayed
on the chart, even if that value is currently far off the chart and
the chart must re-scale to display it.)

My current solution is to display the indicator only if the price
approached the indicator value within X points during the last Y bars,
but that's not ideal.

Thanks,
Gary