Re: Offset into future? - help (more, please)

At 09:43 AM 4/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for the response, but I think I need to clarify my request.  I'm
>trying to plot the moving average into the future - that is, I want to see
>the lines offset out _beyond_ the current price bar.  Like today's bar is
>here:
>

>and the MA lines project out to, say, here:
>
>------------------ (5 time periods forward)
>------------------------ (9 time periods forward)
>----------------------------- (15 time periods forward)

Peter -  don't move the plots into the future, move the bars into
the past!

1. make your bars style 'hidden'.
2. apply indicator below to offset the bar chart first:

input:offset(15);
plot1[offset](c,"c"); {style right tic}
plot2[offset](o,"o"); {style left tic}
plot3[offset](h,"h"); {style bar hi}
plot4[offset](l,"l"); {style bar lo}
{set scaling same as price}

3.put your 3 MA's back on like this:

Input: Price(close),Length1(21),Length2(15),Length3(9);
plot1(Average(Price,Length1),"Avg1"); {no plot offset => 15 bars forward}
plot2[6](Average(Price,Length2),"Avg2"); {15-6=9 bars offset forward}
plot3[10](Average(Price,Length3),"Avg3"); {15-10=5 bars offset forward}

4.note that on realtime data, offset plots beyond a few bars back do not
like to update realtime, so you need to refresh the screen- pgup/pgdn,
2 sets of double right-clicks, etc - anything to give it a little 'goose'

rich

Rich Estrem, Tucson,Az.
estrem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx