Omega - More Problems

Subject:
             Omega - More Problems
        Date:
             Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:16:31 -0700
        From:
             "Tom Beno" <tombeno@xxxxxx>
 Newsgroups:
             misc.invest.futures, alt.invest

>Mr. Beno,

>We are in receipt of your email .... According to our records your
money has been refunded for the data CD that you purchased.

Correct, the purchase price WAS refunded, as I stated in the email.
>I understand your concerns regarding the methods used by Genesis Data
Services in building the contract database,

If Omega understood (or cared about) the concerns, and the faulty
data that YOU (Omega) put out, wouldn't you discontinue selling it?
Since you still do, please answer publicly on this NG exactly WHY you
do.
>and I have forwarded the error reports directly to their company. Omega
Research was only a reseller of their database.......

You mean that if I buy a gallon of milk from Safeway, and it turns out
to be sour, you suggest I take it back to the Darigold Dairy or
Carnation, but not Safeway? Because Safeway "was only a reseller?"
That's bull, Mitch. Unacceptable.
>, and was not involved in how the files were constructed. There are
many ways of building these type of data files, and we left that up to
the data provider, Genesis Data Services.

Don't point the finger of responsibility into any direction other than
your own. I didn't buy it from Genesis, Mitch. I bought it from OMEGA.

Is it too old-fashioned to expect a supplier to stand behind its
product? Instead, you're tap-dancing around it again, Mitch, just like
you did in our last telephone conversation. YOU, Mitch, were the "same
polite technician (8/13/97), same apologies, same empty promises.
Nowheresville." YOU were that technician, Mitch, not Genesis. I FAXd YOU
the charts that document the faulty data. We discussed it directly - you
and I - and YOU promised to get "right to the core of the problem."
--------------------------------------
>If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call me
.......Mitch Ackles - Omega Research

Yes - you can be of assistance, Mitch, not to me, but to others: (1)
Please convey to Messrs. Cruz that this method of "customer service"
will not go silently away: YOU sold it, YOU stand behind it. (2) Publish
the FACT that Omega has been aware of the faulty data for at least a
year, and that Omega will issue a no-questions-asked refund to anyone
who requests it. I already have my $195 refund, Mitch, so you don't need
to offer me one. After all, I'm "only" down $24,800.00 thanks to OMEGA
data. (3) Publicly apologize for bamboozling the paying public, and
publish the apology in at least as large of print as that in which Omega
extols its false claims of quality. And (4)

Stop selling the bad data, Mitch.

Tom Beno