Re: Advice on selecting contract month to trade

> I'm trying to determine a good strategy for selecting which
> contract month/months to trade.

You should have started with that, before you started trading !

> Until now I assumed

assume means NOT to know !

> that most contracts for a given
> commodity exhibited similar price characteristics.
> I noticed on my Sugar trade, however, that the May
> and July contracts traded at significantly different
> prices and price movements. Assuming that several
> different months generate similar trading signals, among the
> approaches I've considered are:
>
> 1.  Pick the nearest month and apply all of my trading capital
> there.
> 2.  Pick the next nearest month and apply all of my trading
> capital there.
> 3. Spread my capital among several months.

Take a mortgage and a second mortgage on your house and throw the
money into the bin thats atleast faster.......with the same result

> Any advice?

Learn the basics before you trade !
- Desaster is out there lurking for you

> Regards,
NAME WITHHELD, as its nothing personal but to the general public:

Give me a break ! I see guys playing around in cocoa who dont know
whether comish is per ticket, per ctck or per RT or per cocoa bean -
others play in sugar and dont know what the active month is..........

One day your market will be "locked limit" - and then you will ask:
"How do I get out ? "

I tell you how to get out: Open the window and jump !

and soon "somebody" wíll say,
"I lost all my money in futures - how can  I sue my broker - what
lawyer to call "...... sure......

GOOD LUCK, guys - you need it !

Meant not as unfriendly as it may sound

rgds hans
free-advise-for-life !

DISCLAIMER
The sign-off below is my general sing-off and nothing personal  :--))

~~~~~
 "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"