Re: Ticker tape program

The best ticker I have found so far, and I have searched and tried alot
of them is believe it or not the My Yahoo News ticker.  The ticker reads
the contents of your MYYahoo page, which you personalize and then
streams it either in your taskbar or as a floating bar yoiu can put
wherever you want. You mentioned tracking contracts, but did you know
that the free sites for quotes do not get quotes from the New York
Futures Markets, and Ive never tried entering options contracts in.  So
that leaves you with  the Cbot and the Cme where you can get streaming
quotes during the day. NO way to track that crude oil unless you  log
onto INO or  or the merc for 30 min delay. Otherwise you can have all
the stocks you want.

 I have a special My Yahoo page with only quotes on it. So that the only
thing streaming through my ticker all day is quotes. If you have over
200 issues that you are watghint you have to split them into portfolios.
But they stream across the ticker as one group.

Just go to http://www.yahoo.com and hit the MyYahoo link. If you arent
registered you will have to register, for free and then download the
news ticker app. It even runs through a proxy server.

If you really want to qo wild get this prog called quotejava that
updates your portfolio from MyYahoo in realtime from a Datek account.
You know that you can get realtime qoutes if you have a Datek account
Right?
Quotejava is available at  http://www.nebula.com  and it is crippleware.

Anyway if there is any interest I can post both of these progs to the
list  and ppl can check them out.

I have no affiliation with either company, I found both of them at
http://www.winfiles.com
formerly windows95.com. and of everything that I have tried these are
the ones that work for me.