Re: NY Markets

Hi Tom B. -

Man that hurts - interesting story -

I've had those "write in"  trades before too - What a bunch of crap!

As a fitting epitah, I bought a few Cotton on Friday. Couldn't stay out of
the market. Got filled at the high of the day...exact tick. Mostly my
impatience, though they had to rub it in. <g>
It then sold off and closed at middle of range. I think the only way I'll
come out is to hold it until middle of April (with stops)  as planned....at
least they can't fool with the longer term move.

I've often seen those NY Cotton openings  sell off 100+ points and return
unchanged within 5 minutes. Those floor brokers are really looking to run
stops more than any other pit I've seen. I used to think last year that
they actually ruined their own market by doing this almost every day. For
awhile the volume dried up to almost nothing all day after the
open...probably 'cuz position traders were tired of losing their positions
on the open.

At their short term mercy,

Tom Cathey

BTW, I've heard from individual traders that this "3 minute execution rule"
just does not exist. Though most brokerage firms quote it as policy, others
argue that there IS no 3 minute rule.....does anyone know the real score
here?