Opening a canned program

Hi there, coding people!

Ok, here's a question for those of you gifted in coding. I have a
charting program that I use on my laptop that I absolutely love. It is
no longer produced. The company no longer exists. The program came on
a floppy disk and on the disk, there is an install program that copies
a permission from the floppy to your hard drive. The diskette
originally allowed 3 copies to be moved.

Now, I find that the program, being rather old and written for DOS,
does not support double space or any of the compression types used in
Win95. So, I have had to go back and repartition a small part of my
laptop with uncompressed space. However, I no longer have any copies
left, and I can't recover the permission that was wasted on my
compressed drive. So...is there a way to by-pass this install
permissioning? [The routine looks something like:  instal a: c:  and
then it permissions the program.

This isn't the end of the world for me, but I love this little
charting program and it has all the simple functions on it I use to
trade.

Any ideas out there?

Tim Morge