Re: Trader tax laws...what are they?

<< If they make a market in securities, they are considered dealers and not
 traders. >>

That's not what I am referring to.  I referred to the private trader who
trades from the floor for his own account only. They are referred to as
"locals."  Many traders buy or lease a seat and trade in the pit for their own
accounts. The only difference between these traders and those of us who trade
off-the-floor is the location from where we make our trades.