Re: Changing Univese Settings in Chartscanner

You need to add the symbols to the DataDownloader.  This is the Dial Data
Server, not the Omega server.

At 11:41 PM 3/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I am having a problem sending system results to an external file using
Chartscanner.  I am using End-of-Day TradeStation and CSI Data.  After a few
phone calls to Omega's Tech Support I am none the wiser so hopefully someone
on this list can set me straight.

>My problem arises from the fact that CSI uses symbols for certain data
which are different than the defaults for TradeStation.  For example CSI's
symbol for the Canadian dollar on the CME for the day session is Y5.  If I
don't adjust the settings charting works fine but system results are off
because the Universe settings shows a Value setting of .01 instead of the
required 100000.  (I think .01 is the default)

>Depending on the Technician I talked to the solution is either 1) change
the Server settings; 2) change the settings using Format Price
Data/Settings/Universe 3) it can't be done.

>Solution 1 didn't seem to do anything for me.  Solution 2 worked except
that when I scrolled to the next chart in my custom data list the setting
changes were lost.  This occurred even when I saved the workspace first.
Solution 2 worked with individual charts but not in chartscanner mode.  And
solution 3 ... well that isn't a solution at all.

>Any advice?

Best Regards,
William Brower
Inside Edge Systems, Inc.
10 Fresenius Rd.
Westport, Ct 06880
Publisher of TS Express
The Journal for Informed Users of TradeStation
Free Sample Available (Send Mail Address)
Internet: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 203-454-2754 Fax: 203-221-9195