Re: Building a Model/System

I am not a system trader but discretionary. I will use indicators to help me
determine that market's conditions. I have also used systems to assist in this
same way, but usually unsucessfully.

Over the last 18yrs, I have never found or heard of a system that maintained a
profitable margin. I have used and seen systems that did great but then gave it
all or most back again. I have seen methods used by others, first hand, that
used systems on a discretionary basis. This worked or failed to the degree that
the trader used the correct discretionary decisions at the correct time.

>From these experiences of my own and others, I have come to the conclusion that
there are no systems that work. Wait, before I get bombarded by the systems
experts on this list, of which there is the majority, let me explain.

We all know that there are conditions and personalities within each market
issue. I only have traded futures and so will limit my discussion to these. I am
sure each stock, will have a personality as well.

To have a system that works, it would have to take into account all the various
conditions of a specific market. These have common terms such as: Trends,
Congestions, Tops, Bottoms, etc. There are even terms that are much more
specific within each of these. Double Tops, Triple Bottoms, Rising Penants, etc.
This is all 'old' technical analysis history. We are in the modern ages now.
All of this was codified when all that a trader (except hi$ institutional's) had
was paper charts, no computers, no automation. TA was done by hand and mind.

OOps got to go, market calls, more later.
See U
ATom (one of them)
What's left when there is no body and no mind? That is the question.
planeacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What can you take with you when you're dead? That is the Question.