Series and Simple Functions

> From: Cab Vinton <cvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> ... why not just delete the series version?  When would the series version be
> necessary? When is it called, given that both functions have the same name?
>
> The advantage of a series function is that it will execute on every bar,
> independent of the code you have embedded around it.  So you can rest assure,
> that even if your code seems to call and examine the series-function on
> Mondays, it is still being evaluated every day of the week.  This is necessary
> for the function to work properly.
>
> Type-simple functions will only execute when your code calls them (eg. only on
> Mondays.)
>
> - Mark Jurik

Thank you for response, Mark.

I've read this before, but obviously it hasn't really sunk in.

Does anyone have a real live _example_ of code where the series/ simple
distinction makes a difference? (Maybe of code with a simple function
that is _not_ evaluated on every bar?)

That would help no end for those of us without extensive programming
backgrounds.

OK. Many thanks again,

CAB.