Re: Falure to establish communication

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Falure to establish communication
  • From: traderguy@xxxxxxx (JMB)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:00:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:21:09 -0800, you wrote:

>Dear Comrades:
>I have TS 4.0 build 19.6 and Omega Server 4.00.11 (Bonneville Data feed)
>with TV cable box.  My computer is Pentium Pro 150 Mhz, 128 MB RAM,
>Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3. TV Cable box is connected to T/Port
>Card Model 1515PT from Telcor Systems Corporation configured as COM 3.

>Alexander Levitin.

Alexander,

Don't take this as gospel or anything, but I think a major portion of
your problem may be the "Windows NT 4.0"!

Unfortunately we "all" get suckered into thinking the "latest &
greatest" operating system is what's best for us, however in this
case, it isn't so....

If you are only using this computer to trade with... you would be
better off using Win95, due to the simple fact that it will process
the 16-bit code in the TS 4.0 much better than the WinNT will.

It has something to do with NT 4.0 has to "emulate" a 16-bit
environment or something like that!

Not to mention the fact that Win95 will handle the hardware issues a
lot better than NT 4.0 ever will.

Hope that helps a little, maybe someone else can elaborate a little
more, OK!

Happy Trading.... when you get back up & running anyway!

JMB
<traderguy@xxxxxxx>