Resale of Omega Products

Dear Office of the President-Omega Research and whomever else it may
concern.

It is with great regret that I am responding to express my opinion about
the original note below.  I would prefer to stay with Omega and continue
to upgrade to your new releases.  But my concerns are growing about your
business practices and your preferred methods of supporting and dealing
with customers. Now my response.

Seeing the note below is really getting my emotions flowing.  You have
done nothing to me but, it seems really STUPID of you (Omega) to take
these tactics as a business practice.  If you choose not to support the
new owner of the software that is one thing.  It is another to send
others to do your dirty work.  The thing that makes me very suspicious
at this point is that you are not willing to let us (the customers) know
what the features of your new product TS5.0 are, but prefer to use FEAR
as the method to keep us in line and maintain market share.  It is
something that I do not agree with, but you are free to choose your
business model.  Most other software companies DO ALLOW the license to
be transferred from one person or machine to another, so long as it is
only used on one machine at a time.  Some companies charge a small
administrative transfer fee, but again, most do it for free.  Examples -
AutoCad and OptionVue.

Personally, this is just making me not want to continue with your
products.  Don't get me wrong, I use and am satisfied (not elated but
just content) with TS.  My problem and concern come with this type of
action and the lack of Omega Research to fix the problems that they are
made aware of, and also the fact that Omega continues to promise
features in the next release.  But in 'Clinton' fashion, they are not
lying, because the 'next' release never comes. It is always the next
release.  Normally, I prefer not to make public my opinion, when the
original grief was not directed to me, but !!!

 -- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  Get on with producing a product that is worthy of
our (the customer) support and you will not have to worry about us
jumping ship.

John O. Romero

If you or any one else from Omega care to contact me, my phone # is
919-303-5455 just so you get the right one.

--------------------------
Original note below
---------------------------
Caution: Please review the WARNING that I received just this week
apparently with Omega Researches approval. It seems that Omega is on a
witch hunt lately to stop All the current users of Omega products from
jumping ship, I guess? I don't know what other rational they could
possibly have for these actions. I was contacted by one other lady who
said she received a like warning this week. I wonder if this isn't just
an over reaction to the recent events and am appealing to Omega to
reconsider. Other companies allow for the transfer of ownership and I
see no reason that Omega couldn't allow this also. Maybe I'm missing
something? But I see no harm especially since I paid big money for a
product that so far has no y2000 fix and no y2000 compliant replacement
either. I wonder if they are going through the archives of mailing list
because that add I placed was 6 months ago and I just got the warning
this week. It's a crazy world! If the sale of my little TradeStation is
going to stop the OmegaWorld from turning then I'll keep it OK no
problem.

 SPA Cease and Desist