Re: Problem Exiting at End of Session??

> I have had problems with a couple of my systems NOT exiting a
> position at the "End of Session" (while the "Exit all positions at
> End of Session" box IS checked).
>
> I have to close the workspace and reopen it to close the positions,
> and start fresh the next day!  Has anyone else had this problem, and
> know of any solutions???
>
> Thanks In Advance,
> Brandon

yes Brandon, this is commonly known problem, which is caused by:

TS needs a tick *AFTER* the CLOSING time of a contract to
TRIGGER that "alert", i.e. to tell itself that the time has reached -
sometimes (rare on active markets) there is NO tick AFTER that time,
therefore is keeps sleeping till the next tick, which is the open and
is badly wrong.

Yes REOPEN does help the problem, but it might create others if your
looking at INTRADDAY trading - see BOUNCING TICKS in manual

You MIGHT be able to overcome that problem with adding the following
line to your codes

if time = Sess1EndTime -1 then begin
	EXITLONG;
	EXITSHORT;
end;

this will EXIT you EVERY day, but 1 minute earlier on all markets,
which have a SINGLE tick in the last minute, which is most likely -
ofcourse you will get out 1 minute earlier, but thats better than NOT
at all AND I believe on average that should "average out" <g>, i.e.
Better or worse fills...............

rgds hans

~~~~~
I dont sell a newsletter
I dont sell a system
I dont sell a software
I dont sell a course
I dont sell anything else
I dont have a webpage
I dont want to have a webpage
I dont even trade OTHER peoples money !

.....and Im not a CTA !

nor an OMEGA (tm) RESEARCH (tm) WORKAROUND (tm) Solution Provider

Im just helpfull when/if I can

Famous Publisher of the World's Best Systems/Software/Newsletter <br>
For a REAL proof ~ simply send me ALL your money <g>