Re: BMI setup help

You need to find out if your machine has one or more Serial Ports.  You
should be able to check this by booting the machine and pressing the
Pause/Break key when you see a listing of basic machine resources-- normally
within the first 30 seconds after re-starting-- before Windows starts.

There should be a listing of Serial Port(s) with one or more numbers to the
right.  If you have only one number there (such as 3F8), you will need to
install an additional Serial Port for the BMI receiver.  This requires a
card obtainable from your local Geek (about $15 to $40).

If there are two or three numbers, you have more that one port and will need
to determine which one is available.  You may need to get an adapter to
shift a 25 pin port to a 9 pin configuration.  Windows also may need to be
configured to recognize the port.

If this doesn't make much sense, best to contact a technician at your local
computer store to do it for you.