Re: UPS Recommendations?

At 03:23 PM 2/27/98 Donald Mawhinney wrote:
>I know nothing about UPS's.  How long can they run one's system in the
>advent of a power outage?  10mins? 60mins?  Are there better brands, or are
>they all the same? Costs?

I've got three APC units here running my 3 computers, BMI box and a small
TV.  You need to get a load size matched to what you have it connected to.
I recommend just getting 600 VA units so you won't have to worry about
being underpowered, plus you'll get adequate time if there's a failure to
orderly shut down your apps or get out of a trade (depending on the load of
your machine, anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes... you monitors, especially
large ones, are the biggest power draws).