TS Running Under NT

Richard Dixon wrote:

> I tried for several weeks to get a stable TS4 (build 21?)
> installation on three different NT machines with no luck.
> Tech support wasn't too helpful: "it *should* work" was a
> common remark.

I didn't know there was a Build 21, but TS4 Build 20 installs and runs fine
under WinNT.  I had no problem at all getting it to run.  My comments
yesterday were in regard Omega Technical support's mistaken assertion that
TS will not run under a true 32-bit operating system.  I assumed everyone on
the list, except them, already knew it runs, because it has been discussed
here so much.

There could be incompatibilities with particular video cards, communication
port drivers, or some such thing, but that is possible under any version of
Windows.  I don't know of any 16-bit software that will not run under WinNT,
except older 16-bit versions of WinFax.  They don't run, because of serial
communciation driver incompatibility.  However, Symantec has a replacement
driver available without charge at the WinFax FTP site that fixes the 16-bit
WinFax Pro 4 problem.  With few exceptions, WinNT will run software designed
for any version of Windows.  We have lots of 16-bit programs running under
NT without problems.

  -Bob Brickey
   Scientific Approaches
   sci@xxxxxxxxxx