Re: Multiple Monitor support in Windows 98

Visavis wrote:

> I think Omega Research still is not capable of answering
> that because Window 98 is just being setting its standard
> and final release is not yet done so how could a software
> developer be ahead in rolling out products than Microsoft?

Windows 98 actually is far beyond that stage.  Windows 98 Beta builds have
been available to beta testers for more than a year.  The design is now very
stable.  Microsoft has announced Windows 98 Beta software is being shipped
to retail outlets throughout the country where anyone who wants a copy can
have one free.

Beware, however.  That is only a cheap marketing ploy.  If you install
Windows 98 Beta, you will learn 90 days later that it has a built-in timeout
.  A message will advise you the software can no longer be used and that you
must upgrade to the retail version.  Furthermore, if you try, you will find
there is no way to get back to Windows 95, other than to wipe your hard disk
clean and reinstall everything.

  -Bob Brickey
   Scientific Approaches
   sci@xxxxxxxxxx