Re: Denise's S&P System

  • To: Denise Beebe Throntveit <foremost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Denise's S&P System
  • From: greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:34:26 -0800 (PST)

Denise Beebe Throntveit wrote:

> -- Purpose?  To practice my system...

I'm with Hans on this one.  I trade several markets - and I can't see that it
does any good to post trading signals - without discussing the underlying
system.

So what kind of system do you have?

> By default I think that is what the group will do.

You mean you think people will trade on the basis of signals you post here???

> Right now all I want to do is find something that works.
> >
> >~ In what way are you registered to give trading advice like this  ?
>
> (meant kindly) Did you look at my signature?  :)  Series 3 AP, owner of an
> IB and registered as a CTA.   -- But, since you're a foreigner does it
> matter?  Or, are you a US citizen.

I'm a US citizen.  Aren't there US securities rules about people with your
credentials posting trading advice about futures in public?  What are they?
Don't you think you ought to have a system which works before you try to sell
something to clients?  Robyn