Re : Sheriff's (part one)

Dans un courrier daté du 24/02/98 19:17:38  , vous avez écrit :

<< Admittedly, my post was somewhat flippant, in the flavor of the Old West as
 suggested by the Sheriff theme. I saw your ad at the bottom and remembered
 your recent post.

Ok, it was, but let's forget....

<<
 To make a long story short, Pierre, I have been cruising your SirTrade
 Site, thinking of asking your help in building a system, but when I learn
 you do not invest or trade, I think I would be better off giving my time
 and money to someone who is active in trading. It's only logical to assume,
 if the system really works, the author would trade it.

You should still consider to ask for my help.
What is on the web site is what I use and I consider as valuable tools.
I have a lot of others that will stay in  my dustbin.

What I do is to develop trading systems for some private investors and banks.
I do not trade the system, but the system is made to be traded by others.
So, this is only a transfert of "acting".
Would you think that they would trade something that is not working ?

<<
Somehow your reasons for not trading seem to be mostly fantasy.

This reason belongs to me.
I have been involved in too much programming these year and preferred to give
up with trading for myself.
And I will not go back, as I feel better with this solution.

<<
For the past three years I've
 been mostly a very short term discretionary equity trader. I use tons of
 indicators but have never found an automated system that works for me
 because of the number of stocks I follow.

FYI, I'm currently developping a trading systemthat works on the commodities,
using Sirtrade97 of course. I'm close to make it work on all of the 50 that I
follow.
Concerning the stock market, it could be feasible, but I have not tested.

<<
 I'm curious...how many other Solution Providers on this list are not
 traders? How do other list members feel about buying systems from
 non-traders?

I don't know ,but I' m not an exception, as well as I'm not the
representative.
Pers
ing system from anyone, and I cant buy
mine.
The reason why we offer the Sirtrade97 software is not so unclear:
It is a development tool, and you have the control of what you have given it
to eat.
This is not a black box system.
This is a factory of gray box systems.
The systems are produced by you, the user, using the automatic features of the
software.
It saves a lot of time in R&D, really.
That's all...

Sincerely,