(Fwd) Collecting Contracts Passed the Year 2000

I received the following privately from OMEGA and post it here to
possible help others with the same problem or encourage discussion of
this method.

From:          xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:          Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:23:13 -0500
To:            he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:       Collecting Contracts Passed the Year 2000

Dear Hans,

There is one workaround for this.  The workaround is to disable the
morning update.  If you disable the morning update, it will not expire
the contracts, thereby allowing you to collect the data for the
symbols you want to collect. There are some drawbacks and this is NOT
the Y2000 patch, but it is a temporary workaround.

The drawbacks are covered in the manual.  It relates to the clearing
of log files, back up of data and portfolio files which can be done
with another program and that 5 minute files are not built.  You will
also not lose any data you have collected.  In other words - if you
are collecting 5 days worth of data - it will not pay attention to
this setting if the morning update is disabled. It will continue to
collect data, no matter what that setting is.

I know this isn't an answer, just a workaround.  If you want to try
it, at least you have the option.

Thanks,

rgds hans

~~~~~
....and bear in mind
that high reward does not come without its partner high risk !