Re: TS Dongle

Thanks to you and the others who responded with information about the parallel
port.

The dongle is a real problem.  I use a notebook when I travel - and I also keep
a "system backup" on a separate desktop.  And I don't much like the idea of
relying on a company that's perceived to be a "software pirate" to solve the
problem of multiple system installations (nor do I feel like paying Omega twice
the going rate for the program just so I can have portability and a backup).

FWIW - I don't do my work on a single program.  I use SuperCharts - and
Metastock - and some home-grown stuff - since there isn't a single program that
does everything I use (e.g., SuperCharts won't rank securities for me).  And
since SC and Metastock both have Y2K problems - I'm going to have to redo just
about everything in the next year or so.

Anyway - I wonder why Omega did away with the EOD version of TradeStation.
There are a lot of people like me who work with EOD systems.  The bells,
whistles and security problems with RT TS probably aren't necessary with EOD
software.  Robyn