Re: Metastock Real Time

 Zak Maymin wrote:

> If somebody is (was) using Metastock 6.5, I have a few questions.
> 1. Is it possible to use real time data in Metastock?
> 2. Is it possible to call Excel, for real time data as we do in
> TradeStation?
> 3. In general, what are the major differences between
>    Metastock and TradeStation?

I use TS4.0 , SC4.0 and Metastock 6.0. I'm very happy with all 3 packages.
I like the speed of Metastock 6.0 and it has more of a Win95 "feel".

However it will not do system testing using more than 2 sets of data, so if
you have a more elaborate system which needs to use (data3),
(data4),...etc. it will not work and this was my reason for buying TS4.0.

So, if you use systems, or multi-data indicators, go with Omega, otherwise
Metastock will work for you.

There are other differences, but this is no magazine review.

Also, my experience with Omega customer service so far has been great!
I bought SC TWICE (I liked the Metastock appearance better) and returned
them both to them and always was properly credited and never any
runarounds.

Finally after 6mos-1year after using Metastock, I grew frustrated with its
inability to use multi-data systems. I still use MS daily as well as their
downloader (end of day) and of course, TS4. which I think is better than
anything out there for the money.

Hope this helps.

Carlos Lourenco