Sheriff's Announcement: There goes that Mark Brown again.

How come every time the sheriff goes on vacation a fight breaks out in the
saloon and the piano player gets shot?

I came home this  Sunday.  I had a few emails warning me of the apparent
disregard for social graces on the Omega list.  I immediately posted the
excerpt from the Welcome message and sat down for some Omega digest
reading.   I must say,  it is rather colorful.

It seems that Mark Brown (now Saint Mark) got bumped from the list for some
senseless diatribe sent personally and not even to the Omega list.  Hmmmmm,
 I guess big brother is watching.  That is not to say, there wasn't
sufficient evidence for a brief time-out in the city jail for what was
posted to the list.

I found it extremely humorous that Jim Cox of Bullseye fame should be
throwing stones.   After all, it was  an altercation with Jim Cox ON THE
OMEGA LIST and not privately that got me appointed to be sheriff of the
list.  BTW, Jim Osborn is the Mayor.   Thanks Jim: that is, Jim Cox for
this appointment.

Mark probably should be allowed to resubscribe to the list but not without
some privisos and quid quo pros.   Inflammatory language is not so bad as
the cursing.   Both are, however, excess verbage.  Perhaps his initial post
should be an apology?

While not privy to the escapades of Mark Brown on the AOL list,  I have
learned to read his passionate behavior.  Mark posts the list when he has
time.  He has time when he is successful.   When he is winning he has an
ego.   He doesn't post, contrary to what Jim Cox says,  when he is losing.
Making losing trades requires hard work.  There is very little work when
you have winning trades.  When Mark's is truly committed to something his
temper can flare.  When he has been wronged,  his punctuation slips,
capitalization dissappears, and spelling is an afterthought.  You might try
asking him in a Rogerian, consultive, sort of way,  " I see, so you are
angry.  Tell me more."  It really is quite entertaining.

Now, a word for the newbies with Omega.   The Cubans do not like honey.
Don't waste your time with honey.  Try a baseball bat if you want
attention.  It works.  Mark Brown is proof of that and many of you have
Mark to thank for some of the bugs you could of had and don't.   The right
mouse clock is a recent example.  His approach is a welcomed alternative to
the excuse-peddling approach of Pierre -- Mark's alter ego.

I guess it made sense to  Omega to kick him off as a Solution Provider
although he has provided many solutions.  Then again, I am reminded what
Winston Churchill said,  Stay close to your friends and closer to your
enemies."     Omega may have made a big mistake.   It is interesting to
note that one way to shut up the discourse of Mark Brown is deliver bug
fixes and  Y2K patches and Omega doesn't do that.  Hmmm..   I guess if you
haven't been around since 1987 you don't see the pattern in Omega's action.

The frustrating thing for most of the long term users of TS is to see what
could be a good product go bad because of mismanagement.  There is\was a
lot of potential in the product.  Unfortunately,  Omega exists to serve it
owners rather than service its customers.  This is my definition of greed
and the reason for its lack of research spending although the accounting
methods used to produce its financial statements seem a little out of the
ordinary.

No that I have offended just about everyone- -- Best of luck to you all.
Send someone over to my office when the shooting dies down and when you
finished  burning down the Saloon.  Remember, it is the only free-speech
saloon in town.

Sheriff Chuck