EOD day bond trading systems -- Share with person that will help debug

  • To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EOD day bond trading systems -- Share with person that will help debug
  • From: "Glenn Schultz" <glens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:38:34 -0800 (PST)

I am working a EOD bond trading system, that although it somewhat simple
seems to be quite profitable at this point, My problem is with the MRO
function and its use in a Begin statement.  I will be glad to send the
system to anyone that would like to work with me to debug it.  I have been
trying for about two weeks to get it right and obviously and I am missing
some EL understanding / programming experience that would solve the problem.

Problem 1
Basically, I have redefined a reversal bar and I am using MRO to count the
number of bars since last occurrence.  Sometimes the system enters when
there is no set up with the reversal bar. (oops).

Problem 2
Protective stop logic could be probably be improved to keep the winning
trades in the market longer --
Ideas on moving stops would be great.

I have out sample tested the system on two 5 years periods and the average
trade is between 700 to 800
draw down is modest.  Percent profitable ranges from 59% to 60%.  I stumbled
on the set up by accident when looking for something else.

I think Removal of bad entries and improvement of stops would greatly
increase the profitability of the system.

Interested parties can email me privately

Good Trading
Glenn