RE: Permanent password

  • To: <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Permanent password
  • From: "DOUGWARREN" <DOUGWARRENkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:39:13 -0800 (PST)

I am one of those people who "lost" his permanent password when I upgraded
to 4.0.  From what I had heard from the local user group I am in, it was
not possible to get a permanent password anymore, so I hadn't even tried.
After seeing the post from the Omega representative on this forum regarding
being able to get a permanent password, I e-mailed Omega for one, and to
their credit I received a new password the same day.

I just finished changing the password from the old to the new.  The first
message I got when I tried the new password was that it didn't match my
block #.  Thinking that perhaps I had misread zero for an "o" I clicked on
the password to try that change.  Before anything was edited, a message
stating that the password was not for this product flashed on the screen
and the charting closed down.  I restarted charting and it seemed to work
ok.  I wanted to make sure the whole program would restart ok so I shut the
charting down again and received a gpf error in charting.  I went ahead and
shut the entire program down and rebooted the computer, ran scan disk and
found no problems, started tradestation, and everything now seems to be
working ok.

Perhaps this experience will help someone else if they try to install a new
permanent password.  Might want to make sure you have a backup.

Doug Warren