Re: David Stendahl

Hi Dave,

Can you tell the list about your experience using the Performance
Evaluator(PE) software you have bought from RINA and how that might be
related to the new systems course now being offered for $2400, if at all?
Can you e-mail us an example of how you have used the PE reports on a system
you've been working on?

Are your comments based on your own experiences with the software? What was
it about the PE software product that impressed you so much? How much did it
cost?
If someone had only two or three good mechanical systems, based on backtests
in TS, would it (PE) be worth buying?

When you said you were impressed with him "as a trader", what exactly was
that based on: trading slips?  Did he provide evidence to the group
presentation you attended about his skills 'as a trader'?  How and on what,
did you make these judgements, if you don't mind me asking? What did you
base it on? Can you elaborate on that?

The reason I ask is I have always had trouble making those kinds of
assessments. Anything you can tell the list or report would sure help.  Thanks!

At 07:28 PM 2/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Van,
>
>I have not attended David's seminar.  I met him a couple of months back when
>he spoke with our user group for a couple of hours.  I can tell you that I
>was very impressed by him, as a person and as a trader.  And I was impressed
>enough with the software package that he promotes to purchase it.  It's
>called Performance Evaluator and it's gotten excellent reviews from "Stocks
>and Commodities" magazine.  I don't know if that helps in any way.
>
>Dave Humes

Michael Paauwe
mpaauwe@xxxxxxxxxx