Re: Mark Brown Status

From: greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Adrian Muir <lantern@xxxxxxxxx>

One thing to keep in mind is that a person who runs a supervised mail
list may be liable for any defamatory comments that other people post.
There is sometimes a fine line between legitimate criticism and
defamation.  IMO -there's a good possibility that Mark crossed that line
on one or more occasions.  Had I been in charge of this mail list (and
I've managed a message board in cyberspace in the past) - I would have
taken the same action that was taken here.  Robyn

I'm sorry Robyn but the way I decipher the post here lead me to believe
that he was ousted for a post that was represented by one of the vendors
to be a post to this list. When in fact it was a post sent in private
email off this list. I don't know to what extent the influence of Omega
Research extends, if in fact to the control of this list. But I fear
censorship far more than I do the alternative of freedom of speech. Of
course I would have to exercise my brain to speak freely. Whereas the
alternative would be to let someone do my thinking for me and be lazy.
Besides I didn't see any misrepresentations on Mr. Browns part as far as
the content of the messages. I have been aware of the false results all
to well of the trailing stop trick. In fact I purchased a system from a
vendor I see here on this list. Do you not think I would like to recoup
my money I paid for the system. Not to mention the losses I had to
endure to learn that the historical system results were not reproducible
in actual trading. I think when Mr. Brown called this fraud that was an
understatement. If they "Omega" had made its clients aware of this
problem when they were first made aware of it then, that would have been
an honest mistake. But I think to this day the same trick can be
accomplished even with the latter versions of the software.

Excuse my foray but my father was from a suppressed country and he
instilled in me the values of freedom, no matter how uncomfortable that
responsibility may be.

Have a Nice Day,
Alan