From: John F. Berentson <jfb.nyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<jfb.nyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bruceb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <bruceb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: Omega and DBC

> One thing that Mark mentioned that probably hasn't been talked about
enough
> is the fact that a DBC officer is now on the board of Omega.

This is incorrect. Doug Smith, the Omega board member of whom you
speak, is a former DBC officer.  He no longer
has any connection with Data Broadcasting. I know Doug personally,
and he is very smart and extremely capable. Furthermore, he is
independant-minded and can be counted on to say what he thinks. He
should be a valuable addition and not likely to tilt Omega in the
direction of DBC without a sound business reason. He is _definitely_
not DBC's agent!

Furthermore, if you really give some thought to the matter, you will
conclude that a sell-out to DBC is unlikely.
JFB
Shaven Heads Trading
NYC