Re: Compacting database

Copy out all and delete the 40bonn.dat file. Don't delete the 40bonn.idx
file. This is your portfolio and all names. Scary I know. But then paste
all back in this will consolidate all previously deleted contracts. If this
sound scary make a back up of your .dat file with and x copy first. Call
omega for confirmation and details.

James Semmons http://members.sockets.net/~jsemmons

At 05:11 PM 2/7/98 -0500, Bob Young wrote:
>I use TS 3.5.
>
>My server .DAT file is eating all my disk space, so I tried to do
something about it.

>I copied out several megs of expired contracts, and archived them elsewhere.
>Then I went into the portfolio and deleted all those symbols, together
with the data.
>When I looked at the size of my .DAT file, I found it be exactly the same
as before making all those deletions.
>So, I tried running every cleanup utility I could find, and ran a Morning
Update, and even deleted the .IDX file
>and allowed the server to rebuild it from scratch - nothing has reduced
the size of my .DAT file by even one
>byte!
>
>Since I have removed about 10 megs of data from this file, I really want
to get my disk space back - I need it!