Re: Security answer: Client code compiled into Software

I go back to my original point that most people who try day-trading will
wipe-out fairly quickly and neophytes who are interested in trying it
wouldn't be sophisticated enough to know or care about the possibility that
their pirated software might be intentionally bugged by the diabolical
Omegans.

Someone who wanted to, could set up a brisk business selling knock-off CDs
for $100 (cost about $2), knowing that the buyers wouldn't know what they're
buying, nor would most of them be around long enough to figure it out.

As far as the aspect that TS is already cloned by coupling it with SafeSoft,
this is technically true-- but, from what I understand, it is not easy to
get it working properly and most people need considerable tech-support from
SafeSoft to get up and running.  This is a far cry from a cheap bootleg CD
that you shove into your drive and cruise off into trading-land.

It is still my feeling that Omega will keep a firm grip on security, whether
it be via the dreaded Dongle or maybe welding TS to your hard-drive...

BTW, you can buy a $5 CD in Hong Kong that has over $1000 worth of Bill
Gates favorite software on it-- some of which isn't released yet in the U.S.
-- (Shhhhh!!! -- don't tell Bill & I haven't got one  :)