Re: Security answer: Client code compiled into Software

  • To: <RonAug@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Security answer: Client code compiled into Software
  • From: "Blaine Mathieu" <bmathieu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:32:43 -0800 (PST)

TS copy-protection can already be broken (ever heard of SafeSoft?) and yet
Omega is still in business. If there really was a demand for a broken copy
of TS that could be used without a dongle, then this copy would already be
available and, by the logic of the copy-protection defenders, Omega would be
killed.

Hey! Maybe that's why the stock price dropped so much! I better phone my
friend in Hong Kong and have him send me a copy! As I've said before, my
original contention is that the kind of person/organization what would
purchase TS in the first place is not the kind to pirate it. And the kind of
person who pirates it would never have purchased it in the first place.

Blaine Mathieu
Turning Point Trading Inc.