Re: Omega Post

Dark Hacker wrote:

> On the other hand, if Omega says "yes version such and such of
> Tradestation will be Y2K complient" and "it will cost you this much
> on this delivery date", then it becomes a contractural obligation.
> If they can't live up to the terms of their contract then TS
> users have grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Not exactly.  This wouldn't constitute a breach of contract.  Should they
fail to deliver on their promises, it wouldn't be good for business, though.

> Since some of you work for brokerage firms or make a significant portion
> of your income using Omega tools, don't you think you have a fiduciary
> responsibility to yourself and your company to exact a gaurentee
> of Y2K complience from Omega?

This is two years away, and TS 5.0, which is coming out in a few months, is
stated as being compliant.  If, somehow, it isn't, there is still plenty of
time to explore my options.  The same would hold for those intending to keep
TS 4.0.  As far as other products go, users may or may not be able to get a
fix, but i'm confident that there will be good trading software available
before the date that will be usable past 1999, so I'm not concerned at all.

Regards,
A.J.