Re: Security Solution?

That's a great concept, but I don't know if it will fly. When you use a
cable or satellite, it's programmed by addressing it directly through
the uplink (transmitter). The receiver gets the data stream and
recognizes that the programming sequence is destined for it because it
knows its own serial number. However, I don't know if that unique S/N is
accessible through the com port side. If it were, that would indeed be a
wonderful solution.

Anyone know if the receiver supports such a data port command?

Allan

P.S.: If it's practical, patent it (fast).