Re: Conflicts -- the answer

At 08:00 PM 1/29/98 edandrea wrote:
>I have a problem with connecting the BMI cable box to my computer that
>both BMI and Omega refuse to help with. It seems that computers have
>only "x" numbers of IRQ's for the small amount of Com ports. I get the
>impression that you cannot have a mouse, modem, and cable box hooked up
>at the same time.

I have exactly that configuration, and all three work fine.  Here's the way
I have it set up in Win95:

BMI:    Com 1 (03F8 IRQ4)
Mouse:  Com 2 (02F8 IRQ3)
Modem:  Com 3 (03E8 IRQ5)

The only problem you might have is with the modem, as IRQ 5 is sometimes
desired by a soundcard, which could cause a conflict, if it can't be reset
to something else.

Mike C.