Re: Security idea

> bruceb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: In terms of copyright protection, this
> idea is so simple that I'm sure Omega
> has already considered it, but since no one has mentioned it yet I'll
> put it
> up for discussion.  Why not just require the user to have the original
> TS CD
> in the CD drive whenever the charting/analysis feature is opened, and
> have it in the drive for verification every 12 hours?

Nice idea, but CD can be copied for about $1 each so it wouldn't really
stop piracy. Your CD could be copied and handed out to who ever wanted
to run the program on a different machine. Can you imagine how quickly a
company would start offering to make a "backup" copy of your original CD
for say $20.

--
Investment Engineering, Corp.-Omega Research "Solution Provider"