Re: BASH - Run Both 4.0 and 5.0

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Carl wrote:
>......I dont mind hearing omega bashing or any bashing.  If its a bash, why not
>put BASH in the subject line?........

In a recent post a member of this LIST stated that he
doesn't use TS anymore because Omega didn't include certain
features that he requested. He now uses proprietary s/w
which he claims satisfies all his needs. Now that's Omega
Bashing in its purest form, IMHO;  =absolutely= no
=constructive= criticism and no further interest in using
the product. Just griping for its own sake or perhaps to
make members aware of the services offered by the person who
posted the message.

OTOH, some posts have been termed "bashing" when all they do
is point out bugs/shortcomings, list  features that should
be included in future versions of the s/w, and/or generally
state things they don't like about the s/w based upon their
experience with it. IMHO, this =is= constructive, should be
allowed and, in fact, welcomed.

In short, apparently not all of us agree on what constitutes
"bashing".

Best regards,
Jim