Re: Before you purchase a Dell PC

Geez! -- A Floppy Drive costs less than 50 bucks at your local computer
store and most computers rarely need them these days--  Maybe principles are
important sometimes, but was it really worth all the hassle?  :)

At 09:11 am 1/27/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I won't bore with all the gory details but I ordered a Dell PC which arrived
>with defective floppy ... couldn't get it fixed in spite of numerous written
>communications ... finally refused charge on my personal Visa ... Dell never
>responded to Visa so charge was permanently removed... still no response
>from Dell so I packed it up and notified Dell I wanted RMA ...
>
>Dell hired lawyer to demand around $1000
"depreciation" ... lawyer went away when I provided detailed written
documentation ... Dell hired another lawyer ... he also went away when
provided detailed documentation.