DTN Again

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: DTN Again
  • From: Thomas Brun <TDBRUNkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 08:17:06 -0800 (PST)

My concern about BMI and why I am a big supporter of DTN is for the
following reasons.

1. Regardless of how much money I make trading I could by a new computer
each year with the money I would save by using DTN rather than BMI.

2.  Having been with BMI for over 12 years I see from my own experience
how their quality of Customer Seervice as well as Data Feed reliability
has declined.

3. I think additional competion would serve us all and anyone could
choose the data vendor of their choice.

4. I believe that Trade Station will hook up with DTN.  I remember when
I met Bill Cruz in Boston in the late 1980's and I was telling him that
he should make his software compatible with Bonneville
Telecommunications.  DTN will become a reality just like BMI did.  The
market place will demand it.

As for speed I can't say if DTN is faster than BMI, actually I think one
would find them to be very close (just a guess as I have no experience
in comparing the two).  If someone has compared them it might help
settle the issue, at least in that regard.  I can tell you for sure that
Satellite is faster than cable, that goes without saying.

I'm not crying about anything I'm just stating the facts.  BMI still
serves my needs well and I am still with them.  I would just like to
have another choice should their ship start to take water and sink,
since I can't swim, and the captian is telling me if you don't like it
just JUMP!
Not too comforting to me.

Good TRading,

Tom Brun.......