Multi-data system problem

I built a multi-chart (SC 4.0) with S&P cash daily as Data1 in sub-chart #1
and weekly as Data2 in sub-chart #2. I then inserted a system which uses as
input a series named "Value" with default of "Close of Data1". Everything
runs fine when I run the system using the default. When I change the Value
input to "Close of Data2", I get no trades what-so-ever. If I create a fresh
chart with weekly S&P as Data1 and insert the same system using the default,
I get the expected trades on the weekly.

I'm also getting unexpected results using the same multi-chart when I
reference a simple moving average on Data2 to obtain trend info. I also note
that no matter where I click on and around the moving average line in
sub-chart #2, the indicator can not be selected.

Am I using Data1 and Data2 or am I hitting a multi-chart problem?

Earl Adamy