Omega Usenet News Group

As a result of a message posted to another thread, referencing the Usenet
Group "alt.invest.technical-analysis.omega" -- I have received several
messages from people having trouble accessing it.  These are the basics:

There is some confusion -- it is not a WWW Site, so you can't add the prefix
HTTP:// to the address.  Usenet is a massive world-wide bulletin board
system and the Omega Group is one of thousands of Usenet News Groups on it.
It is a separate part of the Internet from the WWW and e-mail.  You need a
"News-Reader" program to access the news-groups. If you're using Netscape or
Internet Explorer, they have built-in News-Readers.  Another popular reader
is "Free Agent", which is a separate program.

Once you have the reader configured, you need to download the names all of
the groups that your ISP's News Server carries and subscribe to the ones
that you want to access.  If your ISP doesn't carry it --since it's a
non-controversial group-- you might try asking your ISP to add it.  Of
course it would depend on whether or not their up-line news servers have it
available.

Another possibility is that you may need to flush your News Reader of all
existing group references, then download all available groups and subscribe
to those that you want.  I had to do this a couple of times when I couldn't
find a group.  Netscape 3.0 makes certain groups difficult to find because
it requires opening multiple folders to find where it is buried.  Free Agent
avoids this problem.

I get the omega group from news.supernews.com -- which is a $10/month
subscription service to all the 20,000+ available newsgroups.  Their URL is:

http://www.net-link.com