TradeStation Repalcement Part Two

Omega promised a Windows version of System Writer Plus
and collected money for that upgrade but did not deliver!
Then after much criticism and pressure offered to credit the
payment of the upgrade they didn't produce towards the
purchase of yet another program called TradeStation! Now
we System Writer Plus owners are facing extinction with the
advent of the year 2000. Which is what the software cost at
the time for those of you who didn't know.

Omega withheld information on easy language in order to
capitalize on developing an in house help service which
several people through the years tried to run with . One
of which was ___ _____ who when he left took all the top
secret information with him along with all the Customer
Information (block numbers, addresses, phone numbers)
and all the Systems and Indicators that anyone ever paid
Omega to program! I talked to Bill myself and he said he
didn't give permission for this to happen. In spite of this
obvious advantage ___ has managed to be a flop in the after
market service of Omega products, you could say he was a
product of his environment!

After a bitter battle to get Bill to release the easy language
documentation to the public. Bill told me that Omega was
going to release a Book on the subject thus having given up
on the idea of making money in house off easy language
help. That book is yet to be produced.

The very day I received and loaded the Beta 4.0 I called
Bill myself and asked what happened to the right mouse
click to enlarge and reduce charts? His reply was that it
now was an icon. I had told him, I had also talked to
another beta tester who wondered the same. I asked him,
I pleaded with him to put the right mouse click back. As
some of  you know 1 year latter it was returned, this is a
prime example of how Omega gives you what they want
you to have. They do not listen to their customers, they
only react to an angry crowd. History has proven this is
the only tactic that works for a client to get results.

>From version 2.0 the dreaded symbol universe has had
wrong settings in it and many missing symbols. After much
complaining through the years it has only gotten worst. The
mere fact this one item has gone undetected and uncorrected
is evidence that no one of any significance with Omega
actually uses the program they sell. It at the very least shows
they don't listen or respond to clients complaints that
something needs to be corrected. We are not talking about
something cosmetic here we are talking about something that
can skew back testing and cost you money. Do they care?
I'll let you decide.....

When I received 3.0 I kept getting bad ticks in the data. After
many long distance phone calls to tech support (which kept
you on hold until hours latter you were disconnected, old timers
will know what I'm talking about here) I found out that I actually
needed an additional piece of hardware to use the software.
This item was a T-Port which cost a meager hundred bucks ..
but none the less it worked and I was made happy. Just wish
Omega had been more forthright in informing me I would need
this item. Did they know, with high probability you would need
one? I guess so since they stocked them and sold them to
complaining customers. I had a bitter dispute with Bill over this
in which I stopped payments on a TS I was buying on credit
card payment. We came to an agreement years latter, which
resulted in my buying more of his products. One of which was
the new OptionStation which I beta tested and complained
immediately gave wrong values when you write an option. I
thought again how could you miss this "IF" you have ever used
the thing? I also bought WinBeep which to this day I have never
got to work correctly!

I have had more permanent passwords expire than anyone on
the face of this planet. I have had them expire on a Monday
morning with no warning with positions on in the market. Do
you think this makes me feel good about this company? Bill
told me it should have warned me for days prior to expiring
(which it shouldn't have done in the first place) but it didn't
because I left the server running all the time. A bug which was
fixed only after many others experienced the same. I honestly
don't believe to this day I have a permanent password! Also
on the subject I have yet to ever have gotten a password from
that automated password phone line they have. It has never
worked for me and I have asked them to fix it at least five times.
I would just like to know if I needed a password and it was on
a weekend I could get it.

I have had to ask for every upgrade paid for or not that I have
ever gotten from them. I have heard of others who have gotten
build 19.6 on CD from them. I have only gotten build 18. I had
to ask for the upgrade for OptionStation though I own the First
one ever sold. I still had the beta manuals and had to fight with
them to get the new ones. I will admit these days at least I hold
on their nickel since they finally got some 800 numbers!

I am a Omega Solution Provider and I was expected to fly down
to Florida to receive my beta of 5.0. I was told that this was the
only way to get one. I was previously promised by Mitch that all
solution providers would automatically get one. I have noticed
that an alarming number of items have been offered for advertising
and sponsorship. Every where you go they want solution providers
to provide advertising for them and display at our expense their
logos. The solution providers should be getting sponsored and paid
by Omega for providing free advice and fixes for their software's
miss giving's!! At the very least they should be supporting and
participating on this list so graciously provided by Jimo.

Omega now is faced with the biggest hurdle ever,
Year 2000, screwed up Symbol Universe, 16 bit, No beta testing,
all rolled up into one!

Competition closing in, and a client relationship who's history speaks
for itself. I for one will welcome with open arms anyone who can
even match Omegas performance and get in bed with anyone who
can exceed it. I am a technician and I can identify a trend when I see
one, I have sufficient back data to get a good look. I suggest those
who shout and claim Omega bashing get more historical data and
get back with me. Vote ? Vote ? I will vote with my money and
full resources for another product. I am a professional trader and  I
have had to tolerate Omega to this point! Granted they have done
wonders with trading software and I can see why those newbies to
the product are so happy with it.

I hope you all can see through my obvious bitterness with Omega
and Bill Cruz and not let the facts fall in the crack..There are some
inherent and obvious problems with this company. They have made
an attempt to correct many areas of disappointment. Some they have
been successful at some they have not. I cannot forgive the one
blaring screw up of all time that Symbol Universe.. I guess it will be
fixed when its no longer on my hard drive.

The End,

Mark Brown

This history I have provided is the reason I am willing to work with a
fresh new company like Window on WallStreet. I firmly want to believe
sometimes a company can build off the mistakes of others.

--
    ***   Mark Brown's The Traders Network
    ***   http://www.markbrown.com