breakeven stop funnies

Greetings all,
Once again I'm reminded why I'd rather be trading than programming.. It
sure seems like the following EL should duplicate the built-in "breakeven"
stop (set to a measly $200 floor in this example) but the results are not
the same:

if maxpositionprofit>=200 then begin
   exitlong at entryprice stop;
   exitshort at entryprice stop;
end;

The eventual goal is to set an exit price slightly above (or below for a
short) the entry price to cover commisions and slippage when "breaking
even".. But first I need to get the basic thing going. If anyone knows
what's going on, or can see what I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it!

Good trading!