[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Jose - having trouble with Williams Osc

Dear Jose and Roy:

Thanks for responding guys.  I think I did a bad job explaining the
problem.  The problem is not the daily or intraday plots....the
oscillator plots well in daily AND intraday format.  The problem is
when I use it in the explorer to search for setups.  It routinely
rejects all of my intraday searches and gives the folling reasons:

Security Name	Reason for Rejection	Location

DJ06M*60	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or
negative) passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
DVY*60	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or negative)
passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
ES06M*10	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or
negative) passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
ES06M*30	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or
negative) passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
ES06M*60	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or
negative) passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
GLD*60	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or negative)
passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
NDX.X*10	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or
negative) passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
NDX.X*60	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or
negative) passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES
SPY*10	Error in column A: Invalid time period (zero or negative)
passed to HHV() function.	C:\MSdata\MsdataFES

*          *          *           *              *               *

I suspect it may have something to do with the amount of intraday
data I have and the parameters of the formula.  I get my intraday
data from quote.com and I think I only get about 200 bars of data
per issue.  I tried modifying the "pds" variable, but I can't seem
to get any results.

Thanks again for any assistance.

Jim

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxx>
wrote:

> I plotted it on a 1 minute chart and couldn't produce an error
either.

> Roy
> www.metastocktips.co.nz

Williams Osc

> I've plotted the indicator below on a Euro/USD 1-min chart, but
can't
> see any problems.
>
> ---8<---------------------------------
>
> pds:=Input("Normalizing lookback pds
> (1= historical Hi/Lo)",1,2600,150);
>
> { Plot 1: Price section }
> PriceX:=C;
>
> { Plot 2: Indicator/Oscillator section }
> IndX:=WillA();
>
> { Choose x pds or historical Price High/Low }
> Hi:=If(pds>1,HHV(PriceX,pds),Highest(PriceX));
> Lo:=If(pds>1,LLV(PriceX,pds),Lowest(PriceX));
>
> { Price normalized to 0~100% }
> PriceNorm:=(PriceX-Lo)/Max(Hi-Lo,.000001)*100;
>
> { Choose x pds or historical Indicator High/Low}
> Hi:=If(pds>1,HHV(IndX,pds),Highest(IndX));
> Lo:=If(pds>1,LLV(IndX,pds),Lowest(IndX));
>
> { Indicator normalized to 0~100% }
> IndicatorNorm:=(IndX-Lo)/Max(Hi-Lo,.000001)*100;
>
> { Plot in own window }
> {PriceNorm;IndicatorNorm}
> (IndicatorNorm-PriceNorm)/25
>
> ---8<---------------------------------
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stinkerstock <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Jose:
> >
> > A while back you provided me with a formula to convert the
Williams
> > A/D study into an oscillator.  It went like this:
> >
> > pds:=Input("Normalizing lookback periods (1= historical
> > Hi/Lo)",1,2600,150);
> > { Plot 1: Price section }
> > PriceX:=C;
> > { Choose x pds or historical Price High/Low }
> > Hi:=If(pds>1,HHV(PriceX,pds),Highest(PriceX));
> > Lo:=If(pds>1,LLV(PriceX,pds),Lowest(PriceX));
> > { Price normalized to 0~100% }
> > PriceNorm:=(PriceX-Lo)/Max(Hi-Lo,.000001)*100;
> > { Plot 2: Indicator/Oscillator section }
> > IndX:=WillA();
> > { Choose x pds or historical Indicator High/Low}
> > Hi:=If(pds>1,HHV(IndX,pds),Highest(IndX));
> > Lo:=If(pds>1,LLV(IndX,pds),Lowest(IndX));
> > { Indicator normalized to 0~100% }
> > IndicatorNorm:=(IndX-Lo)/Max(Hi-Lo,.000001)*100;
> > { Plot in own window }
> > {PriceNorm;IndicatorNorm}
> > (IndicatorNorm-PriceNorm)/25
> >
> > This works perfectly on daily data but, for some reason, when I
use
> > the formula in explorer to sift through intrday data I always
get an
> > overflow error message.  I've tried to modify it but nothing
seems
> > to work.  Any chance you could help again?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Jim

Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.