From: bellamy_29m [mailto:bellamy_29m@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 6:17 PM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Metastockusers] Re: Low volatility

Have you tried something along the lines of :

prd:=input("Lookback periods...",1,252,30);
x:=input("Price data: 1-O, 2-H, 3-L, 4-C",1,4,3);
x:=if(x=1,O,if(x=2,H,if(x=3,L,C)));

myVol:=(hhv(x,prd)-llv(x,prd)) / llv(x,prd);

myVol;

This will return low values during periods of low price movement, and
larger numbers when the price is changing.  Find a threshold
(programmatic / automatic calculation is possible)

If it isn't quite what you are looking for, then let me know.

Hope this helps.

wabbit :D

P.S. - you should really have posted your work-in-progress code so
that those people who you are asking for help can see what you have
already tried.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM