From: Tony [mailto:TraderSeven@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, 6 November 2004 4:35 AM
To: Richard Dale
Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] SATA drives

Hello Richard,

Hi Richard, Jacques,

I have big problems with my SATA drives.
WD74D - Raptor 74GB
Maxtor DiamondMax 10  300GB

I tried to do a clean install on these drives.
With windows on the Raptor or windows on the Maxtor.
I tried combinations of Windows 2000, XP and MetaStock 8/9
After every test a complete reformat etc.

The result is that MetaStock crashes on opening charts.
If I do *not* display volume all is fine.
But If I display volume MetaStock crashes 1-2 seconds after it
displays the chart but leaving the volume empty.
When I run the same MetaStock and Windows on the same machine on a
old 30GB ATA (PATA) drive there are no problems.
Not even if I put the chart data on SATA drives or on a network drive.
The data is not corrupt because the Downloader and AmiBroker have no
problems with it. I've 1GB RAM and don't do things like over clocking.

Can you please list the type of drive and motherboard you are using?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM