[EquisMetaStock Group] Introducing myself

Title: Message

I would like to introduce myself to this group.

I am a retired manager of a major U.S. corporation. I was educated in the fields of mathematics, electrical engineering and computer science and I have had an interest in stock market analysis for nearly 20 years.

I believe my background skills have given me a unique insight into technical analysis, allowing me to look at and understand the mathematics behind technical analysis formulas, take an unbiased common sense approach to the results of these formulas and develop a system that does not succumb to the short falls of Technical Analysis.

I have been studying technical analysis in the stock market since 1987, testing and analyzing hundreds of formulas and charts.  I began by using commercial software with built in formulas, then wrote my own formulas and finally wrote my own software and formulas.

I am now writing a book “An Analysis of Technical Analysis”, which is far from complete but there is some very relevant information that I will point you to a little later.

I have also been lurking and contributing on many forums over the last 10 years or so, and I have made several observations.

  1. The questions are generally the same, form year to year.  Some technical question on how to get a formula or program to work and some general questions on how to make a system that really works.  The technical questions are usually answered in detail but the system questions are rarely answered except in the most general terms.
  2. There are usually one or two Gurus who expound “I have developed a system that really works well” but they never give explicit details on how this system works and they never give actual trades until well after the trades have happened.  This gives way too much opportunity to “adjust” the figures.  In other words, they never prove themselves.
  3. After a period of time, a year or less, these Gurus disappear from the scene.  Did they lose all their money, or can’t they just keep up the BS?

Why is this the case?  I will answer this a little later.

First I want to say that I have created a “commercial” market timing website, but I will not advertise or even mention the name here so that the moderator of this group won’t ban me.  My main concern is to get some very pertinent market timing information to those of you who are really interested in trying to time the market.

Let me start out this way.  Technical analysis (using mathematical formulas only) DOES NOT WORK, WILL NOT WORK, AND YOU WILL JUST LOSE YOUR MONEY!

How can I possibly say such a thing, especially when I said I own a market timing web site?

I said “Technical analysis (using mathematical formulas only)”.  Mathematical formulas, no mater how simple or complex, try to match a recurrence, or pattern, in the market.  They simply do not predict anything!

Experts contend that the market is “random” and “efficient”.  We all know that random events cannot be predicted and if something is really efficient  there are no disparities to capitalize on. These two factors alone tell you that the market is impossible, or nearly impossible to predict, using mathematical formulas.

If you would like to learn a little more about technical analysis, what works and what doesn’t, and what you REALLY need to look for you can read more of my upcoming book.  The start is here “An Analysis of Technical Analysis” or you can get the quick and dirty “summary” here.

It won’t cost you a cent, but it might save you several!

Thanks for reading.

Larry

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor